Date: June 2018
Location: Across Canada
Name: Hyatt House & Hyatt Place
No. of Keys: 1,614
Hyatt signed management and franchise agreements for nine Hyatt Place hotel and three Hyatt House hotels as part of the brands’ expansion in Canada.
Twelve Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels are expected to open in Canada in the next two years, including:
• Hyatt Place Calgary Airport (127 guestrooms) in Calgary, Alberta
• Hyatt Place Mississauga Centre (126 guestrooms) in Mississauga, Ontario
• Hyatt Place Brampton (123 guestrooms) in Brampton, Ontario
• Hyatt Place Kelowna (161 guestrooms) in Kelowna, British Columbia
• Hyatt Place Moncton (120 guestrooms) in Moncton, New Brunswick
• Hyatt Place Winnipeg Downtown (144 guestrooms) in Winnipeg, Manitoba
• Hyatt House Hamilton/McMaster University (135 guestrooms) in Hamilton, Ontario
• Hyatt House Winnipeg South West (135 guestrooms) in Winnipeg Manitoba
• Hyatt Place Toronto International Airport (196 guestrooms) in Toronto, Ontario
• Hyatt Place Toronto Airport Corporate Centre and Hyatt House Toronto Airport Corporate Centre (250 guestrooms) in Toronto, Ontario
• Hyatt Place Vancouver Airport (97 guestrooms) in Vancouver, British Columbia
There are currently nine Hyatt-branded hotels open Canada: Spirit Ridge at Nk’Mip Resort and Hyatt Regency Vancouver in British Columbia; Hyatt Regency Calgary; Hyatt Place Edmonton/Downtown and Hyatt Place Edmonton-West in Alberta; Andaz Ottawa Byward Market; Hyatt Regency Toronto and Park Hyatt Toronto in Ontario; and Hyatt Regency Montreal in Quebec.
The openings of the new Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels will increase Hyatt’s brand presence in the region to 21 hotels within the next few years.
“There is tremendous growth opportunity in this region–coming off the heels of its 150th anniversary. Canada continues to see strong levels of leisure travel as well as an increase in corporate travel.
Today’s announcement is a testament to the global appeal of Hyatt’s select service portfolio as it continues to expand worldwide and offer more choices to our guests,” Scott Richer, Hyatt’s VP of real estate and development for Canada, said in a statement.
THPT Comment: Wow 12 hotels in one announcement! awaiting info as to whether this is one company to develop, or several?
First Seen: Hotel Management